Monday, April 27, 2009

New Zealand




On most of my travels, I would be out of the country for around 6-12 months at a time.
To be able to sustain a trip of that length would require quite a bit of money (one thing that is in short supply), so I would always try to find local jobs in a place I liked to be able to extend my trip. On one of my trips to New Zealand, I found an amazing little restaurant in the South Island, it was in the woods and everywhere you looked was paradise. I asked the owner if she needed help and ended up staying and working there for six months. The pictures are of the family I stayed with and also me working. The other picture is of a fjord in the South Island.  It is an amazing experience to see and walk on a fjord. The work was basic, but had a great time, met many locals and best of all kept me in New Zealand for 6 months. A win-win by my standards

1 comment:

  1. My husband went to New Zealand for about 9 months after college and he loved it! They went from town to town and stayed in hostels most of the time and got random jobs to make money. He wants to take me back there for a visit but I will only go if we can stay in a hotel!! :)

    ReplyDelete